Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Update to GIPC

I just published an update to GIPC which brings it to version 1.5.  The fix addresses an issue with the way the MaxMind database stores the value of some country names (with a comma). This was creating an off by one issue with the way the results were displaying and shifting everything to the left. It was a fairly quick fix, but by doing so I removed the comma from the value. 

This update also addressed some error handling. In short, you should now be given a message if there was an error writing an output file for whatever reason. As a result of all this I updated the SourceForge page with some project details.  

Lastly, if this was useful to you please rate it on SourceForge! Also feel free to let me know if you find any bugs or have ideas/features for this or other projects.

Thanks to @sidoyle for finding the CSV bug.

GIPC is available for download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jcsocal/